Saturday, July 24, 2010

Inspiration





My son's 5th birthday is at the end of October and like any obsessive party planner, I've been mulling over ideas for a while now. Something Halloweeny is the obvious theme, but he (alright, I admit it was me with some convincing) wanted to do something a little different this year. After much thought I, I mean he, settled on "Country Fair" - corn dogs, cotton candy, games, petting zoo!! I've been scouring the internet for inspiration - planning the menu, looking for invites, deciding on favors... and then I spotted her - a gorgeous, rusty, 2' tall ferris wheel. I instantly fell in love - the perfect centerpiece for my rustic dessert table. Can't you see cupcakes in those little cups? Or salt water taffy? Or billowy pillows of cotton candy? I found my amazing treasure in the most charming store, Summer Cottage Antiques in Petaluma. To top off my fabulous find, my best friends, Holly & Jessica, splurged and bought it for me as a belated birthday gift. I'm not sure who's more excited about this party - the 5 year old or the 40 year old!

3 comments:

  1. oh I love it! Just a thought... cupcakes in a canning jar, is so cute and would be great for a country fair birthday. I do it for the kids all the time. I just scoop some ice cream in the jar and give a spoon. They love it! Cant wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun theme!!!

    I know what you mean, my daughter's bday is the end of October and I already have my bin of goodies piling up for her party! Planning parties is so much fun.

    Can't wait to see the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!
    This piece is a real treasure - so perfect for so many different occasions!
    Looking forward to see what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...