Tuesday, November 16, 2010

County Fair recap, part I


















I am so excited to be sharing all of the pictures from Graham's County Fair party! I was really thrilled with the day despite the major hiccup of having to un-invite most of Graham's preschool class due to torrential rains and not enough room in our house to host an additional 15 kiddos & their families. Weather is usually very predictable at the end of October in the Bay Area and after 4 years of lovely outdoor parties, I never imagined it would rain on his big day. I watched the weather all week alternating between doubting and cursing the weatherman. When things still looked bad on Saturday morning, I knew I needed to scramble and figure out how to make some usable outdoor space. I found some heavy plastic sheeting (we had access to tarps, but I didn't want the blue tone to affect the pictures) at Home Depot. With help from my very patient husband & his friend, we managed to cover our small deck off the living room (thank you, staple gun), so my vision of outdoor games, popcorn maker and straw bale photo booth could be realized. In the end, it all worked out perfectly - the rain added to the ambience of the party and it was nice to have a more smaller, more intimate group - and no one complained about all of the left over goodies!

Next up - fun & games!
Sources:
Photography - Sherry Heck
Invitation & CD label design - Becca of Birthday Girl
Baked Goods - Cakewalk Baking
Bunting, cake bunting & prize ribbons - homemade with vintage tablecloth & ribbon.
Ferris wheel - vinatge found at Summer Cottage Antiques
Salt water taffy & marshmallow ice cream cones - Old Time Candy
Wooden forks & corndog trays - Webstaurant Store
Burlap favor bags - Gifts International
Farm animal onsies - homemade with Avery iron-transfers

34 comments:

  1. The party was so fun, the cakes were amazing (esp. that pumpkin cake w/ crm chs frosting-mmmmm) and the little farm onesie we brought home for Oscar couldn't be cuter! Thanks for letting us celebrate your super kid with you! -Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing looking! How I wish we could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great party! You did such a great job with everything. It looks great!! The cake, the bunting, little pies, wonderful : )

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously--you are so talented. SO adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How darling. What a wonderful, little blog you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the farm onesies! Where did you get the template for the animals?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristen - I used this dingbat font:

    http://www.dafont.com/farm-wild-animals.font

    - Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! I love the homemade flavor of this party...I long to attend my little hometown's county fair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This party is so appealing to me! It has such a simple feel about it, yet every detail was planned out so perfectly thematically. I went to the other post and saw the fun things you did for activities, which of course, are also perfect for this party. Unique theme and fantastic execution!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So clever! I love it! You did a fabulous job! I simply *adore* the cake with the banner on it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. can I ask where you got the apple juice?

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely party. every detail was perfect. I am totally and completely in love with every detail of this party! LOVE!!
    I am a big fan to collect unique party cake on my site and you are one of the top creative people^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this party! Would you mind telling me where you got the animals for the Tiny Petting Zoo?
    -Jill
    jfd825@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pls, could you tell me where you got those adorable apple juice,s and what is the brand name of them?

    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi - The apple juice is from Martinelli's and I think we got it by the case at Costco.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! This is such a gorgeous arrangement. I must share this post with my sister, as my niece’s birthday is around the corner and I was thinking to book her favorite event space for the birthday celebration. I definitely got an amazing idea for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi thanks for sharing your amazing parties this arrangements is looking good. i definitely get this idea for the party
    https://boxesxperthub.us/markets/food-and-beverages-boxes/cake-boxes/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your article.please write on 120 ml Spray Bottle Boxes design elements.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for this! I havent been this moved by a blog for quite some time! Youve got it, whatever that means in blogging. Well, You are definitely someone that has something to say that people should hear. Keep up the good work. Keep on inspiring the people!
    경마
    온라인경마

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for posting such a great article! It contains wonderful and helpful posts. Keep up the good work
    customised invitation cards

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another insightful read! Your ability to tackle complex subjects with clarity and depth continues to impress.

    marble tiles design in Fujairah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...