Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The perfect party





My weekend was a bit of a let down after having to postpone a tea party that I have been planning with Birthday Girl and fabulous photographer, Sherry Heck due to rain that would just not go away. My little Graham knew that I was disappointed and was determined that the party should go on. While I was away at work Monday, he enlisted my husband's help and orchestrated a tea party of his own in honor of my birthday (a few days early). They baked & decorated a delicious cake (my favorite touch is the raw lemon slices of the outside), made yummy finger sandwiches, and brewed my best-loved tea. Graham invited some friends (Alice, Raggedy Ann, and Rosetta to name a few), set the table and added some lovely flowers from the garden to complete the look. When I arrived home he was so excited and proud of what he had created and I was blown away by the amount of thought and effort that he had put in (long attention span is not usually one of his strong points!).
I often wonder if he will remember the months-of-planning birthday parties that I have thrown for him, but I don't think they will ever be more perfect or more unforgetable than the sweet party he planned for me.

3 comments:

  1. absolutely precious! What a wonderful and special party your son planned! too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has such a big heart! Wow! Glad to know that you had a happy tea party after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thats so precious...how perfect....and it looked just lovely too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...