Thursday, July 2, 2009

Double duty decorations







I recently hosted two parties - a baby shower benefiting Brighter Beginnings with my mom's club and a birthday party for my fabulous mom, Lois. As luck would have it, the parties were one week apart (with vacation in between) so the decorations did double duty. I didn't have a big budget for the decor so I dug through my crafty supplies and came up with fabric from a previous quilt project for the bunting, scraps of scrapbook paper for the pinwheels & prize ribbons (I found a great tutorial here)and zinnias from my garden. I've promised to pass the the bunting along to a friend, but I'm still not quite ready to part with it. Maybe just one more party...

1 comment:

  1. So cute. I love the banner and the pinwheels on top of the cake.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...